My best shot of the eve:

Stacy:

Stacy:

And introducing Little Rock's very own...BUTTONS! I'm a fan.





Here's a crowd shot. I need to do that thing that they do like on the back of the Do They Know It's Christmas?'s single where they label who is who. Those I know: ATM, TJ, Collins, Big C, Malik/Peter Pan, James, Weasle, Stacy Broadstone, Rett, Antoine (singing), TC, & Kyle (partial), and Zuko. There was a Matt Riley look-alike, too.

Tonite, we're going to this. I've got some gifts for Suzi that I think she'll like. I'm giving her one of my handcrafted crane-shaped soaps and some Topps brand Duran Duran trading cards. From the 80's!!!
I was really amused watching those my age (or a smidgen older) go wild over the Buttons last night. Well, why wouldn't we? As Gabe Sanchez's dad says, "EXCELLENTE!" The second drummer was doing stuff that should be classified as obscene. As in obscenely awesome! And his guitar work (he did double duty -- guitar and drums) was sublime in some parts, too. They had a laughable song title -- Statutory -- but it was my favorite tune. Antoine is a good front man, kinda just wandering/pogoing into the crowd, all over the stage, working his best snarl. Strong work, dudes!
Apologies to the Crisco Kids (who released their album on 8-track!) for being old and needing to go home and go to bed and missing their set. I'm sure it was legendary.
1 comment:
I wish I went.
Post a Comment